Friday, August 20, 2010

Calling all computer experts - virus info please!?

I have a virus, I think it is a downloader/redirector but am not sure what to do...



i have Norton, Avast!, AVG, Spybot, Spyware guard, spyware blaster and PeerGuardian and yet it's still got in!



Basically when i load firefox it's running v.slow and then redirecting me to cpcstl.org... I cannot access any other sites.



I have run all scans with my programs, cleared web history etc...



Any ideas guys?



Calling all computer experts - virus info please!?mcaffee



Only 1 Anti virus program installed, up to date and running. Having more than 1 Anti Virus solution installed causes conflicts such as false positives, and Norton will grind any computer to a screeching halt!



Check out link below and follow instructions.



Calling all computer experts - virus info please!?norton antivirus 2007



It could be a Worm, theres alot of people who make worms out of boredom, go on the internet and look up worm removers and worm scanners, they can be pesky little buggers
You could back up your files and reinstall windows.
See if you can Internet Explorer or if you have to, download Opera from download.com and use that. I would remove firefox at least for now until this is resolved.
Well i don't think you should use to anti-viruses at the same time but thats cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment