Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Which one is better: AVG or Avast?

I need some free anti-virus as my PC just had a major virus issue. I dont really mind if it bogs down the system a BIT. so which one is better based purely on their ability to detect and protect my PC from viruses



Which one is better: AVG or Avast?symatec



Avast is the better choice between those two.



The rantings of some people aside, AVG isn't the worst (it consistently scores around the middle of the pack) but it's far from the best. AOL's ActiveVirusShield was a great free option, but it's been replaced by some McAfee program.



BTW, once-a-day updates have been the norm for years. Just because one product switches to hourly updates to better respond to major virus outbreaks (which are rare occurences) doesn't make everything else crap.



Which one is better: AVG or Avast?vista



I personally like AVG Free the best. Been using it for over a year with no problems. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Quote:



''so which one is better based purely on their ability to detect and protect my PC from viruses''.



Neither. The highest detection-rated Free-AntiVirus is Avira AntiVir. Avira even includes a AntiRootkit Feature, which many AV's don't include and you need them seperate.



Download Avira AntiVir: http://www.free-av.com

No comments:

Post a Comment