Friday, August 20, 2010

Which one do u prefer?

MY NORTON INTERNET SECURITY IS OUT OF DATE. SO I WANT TO USE THESE FREE SOFTWARES. WHICH ONE DO U LIKE? OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT.......



DOES THE FREE SOFTWARE R COMPARABLE WITH PERCHASED ONE?



ANTI VIRUS==



1. AVG FREE ANTI-VIRUS



2. AVAST FREE HOME EDITION VIRUS-SCAN



3 PC TOOLS FREE ANTI VIRUS



FIREWALL==



1. PC TOOLS FREE FIREWALL



2. ZONEALARM



Which one do u prefer?hp



2. AVAST FREE HOME EDITION VIRUS-SCAN and



1. PC TOOLS FREE FIREWALL



or you could use antivir



its also free and uses less recourses



Which one do u prefer?mcaffee



I have been using AVG anti-virus for a couple of years. It has all the features of the expensive and recurring billing anti-virus commercial versions. It has found and protected me several times from some nasty virii as I do a lot of stuff in newsgroups (which are quite hazardous at times). I also recommend and install it on all of my customers home computers and no one has ever complained about it.



I also use the microsoft Defender for my anti-spyware and it works great with the free version as well.



I have had no issues using the built-in firewall for windows networking and my routers firewall service is good. I am using a linksys router, which I recommend.



Let me just tell you, if you put together an end-user who knows nothing about security and the threats that are out there and put that against a person who really knows how to ''hack'', they will find a way eventually. They always do. This is why we are seeing some of the major telecomm companies investing a lot of money into the frightening concept of a complete wipe and redesign of the internet from the ground up. (well, they also probably hope to be able to charge access fees and hourly charges and per bandwidth fees, etc).
pay. it's a whole lot easier if you got cash instead of time. i like the additional advantages like norton's kid control instead of getting yet another software for that..
I have been using AVG free and SyGate 5.6 PFW for over 4 years without one infection.
I would say use AVG as a good antivirus,ZoneAlarm as the best and award wining firewall,and ad-aware or spybot search and destroy they are both free and do excellent job.
take note::



almost all anti virus and anti spyware software in their free version can only check and heal old virus definition. But newer or fresher virus, can be found but couldnt heal it..



its really up to you



: %26#125;
Lavasoft Adaware Personal SE



CCleaner



That's all ~ nothing else



SuperAntiSpyware is a new back up but 'marginally' more effective than Lavasoft...usually takes 90 minutes to run...Lavasoft usually done in 10...

No comments:

Post a Comment