Friday, August 20, 2010

Random popups..?

When im browsing the internet i'll get alerts in my toolbar and random internet explorer browsers will open to webpages telling me to download (insert name here) anti virus/trojan/malware/spyware software. 99.9% sure they all just want to hack me since everytime i click yes just to see and it starts to download my avast security pops up and aborts it. Is there a way to stop these things from popping up because it causes horrible lag on my computer when they try to open and it happens quite frequently. also once or twice a day an ''inappropriate'' one will pop up so I don't want someone in my family to use my laptop and have it come up. I usually run several virus scans a day now and all it ever comes up with is tracking cookies(no big deal) and every now and then a minor virus which i delete but the pop ups are still coming.



Random popups..?spyware remove



Most pop ups are caused by spyware on your computer, so go download ad-aware or spybot search and destroy and scan your computer.



Also you should start browsing with firefox as it is safer then IE, in fact you might not even have these problems if you were using FF in the first place. I've seen this happen before and I still don't know why people use IE.



Make sure your virus scanner is up to date as well.



Random popups..?virus protection

No comments:

Post a Comment