Friday, August 20, 2010

Reloading Windows XP?

At this point I don't know if it was my son or a virus accidentally reloading Windows XP. My son said that the computer wasn't working so that he turned it off and back on again and, voila, Windows XP was reloading to the original, as if I had just bought the computer. It was even saying something like, ''thank you for buying our product...'' I thought I had lost all my files but then after careful searching I found them. It wiped off Skype, printer, webcam, yahoo toolbar, etc. though all the icons were left. I have re-installed everything but still have no idea as to what happened. Can anyone guide me here? I have Avast, hijackthis, spybot, and ad-adware and run them about twice a month. Thank you.



Reloading Windows XP?product key



Does a boot menu appears when booting your computer?



If yes try to boot using the last option. If your System appears as you use it do the following



go to start %26gt;%26gt; run %26gt;%26gt; type msconfig %26gt;%26gt; select the boot.ini %26gt;%26gt; select the last line for your Operating system %26gt;%26gt; move it UP %26gt;%26gt; click appy and then click ok %26gt;%26gt; restart your computer and check if it restarts ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment