Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Which free AV should i get Avast! Home Edition or Avira Antivir Classic?

Based on protection. And please do not say AVG it is a load of crap.



Which free AV should i get Avast! Home Edition or Avira Antivir Classic?vincent



Avira has better detection rates, but Avast scans email and can do a boot-time scan, where Avira can do neither. I have tried to run Avira numerous times and have had automatic update issues with it every time. While this doesn't happen to a lot of people, it happens enough that it certainly isn't rare. If Avira would update reliably I would recommend it, but based on my own history, I use and recommend Avast.



If you choose Avira, be sure to keep an eye on your update logs and verify that it is indeed updating as it should.



Which free AV should i get Avast! Home Edition or Avira Antivir Classic?adware remover



You're welcome. Report It


Heebus is correct...Avria can be a bit ''funky'' in its update process, but it's detection is better then Avast especially in heuristic (new malware) detection.



But Avria does have a few more false-positive detections than Avast.



All and all, I myself can't decide between the two of them....I use Anti-vir on one machine and Avast on the other.



The nice thing is....both are free....I suggest that you take a free 'test-drive' of both (but only one at a time) and then make your decision based upon what works for you.
They are all good but think the AVIRA is best.



Have tried them all.
Avira for sure.



The free version does update slower than the paid but they have improved the updating process quite a bit and I have no issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment