Sunday, August 15, 2010

I have comodo firewall with router avast anti virus and spybot is this enough?

Looks pretty secure to me.



If I were you I'd just add Spyware Blaster for immunity, and Comodo's BOClean for real-time protection.



Spyware Blaster: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareb...



Comodo BOClean: http://www.comodo.com/boclean/boclean.ht...



*I know they all play nice together because I have them all too ;-)



I have comodo firewall with router avast anti virus and spybot is this enough?virus



Keep them updated, and scan your computer once a week. Then you are pretty safe.....



I have comodo firewall with router avast anti virus and spybot is this enough?anti virus



Yes, that should be enough. If you think you're infected in the future, even after you've run avast and spybot, then you can always run a free online scan like Trend Micro's Housecall to see if anything malicious is left over on your computer.



You'll find HouseCall here... http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Lavasoft AdAware would be a nice addition, but, then, that's me.



Now, this is me, too, and you'll feel free to ignore.



Old saying: "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean, they're not out to get you."



I have, on mine, Comodo, Spybot, AdAware, AVG Antivirus, AVG AntiSpyware, AVG AntiRootkit, ClamWin Antivirus, CWshredder, Spywareblaster; Comodo and AVG continuous, the others scanning at very least weekly.



I feel safe.
Yes



generally, the people who hack computers are what are called script kiddies, these people only know how to use someone else's program to scout out internet connections that are vulnerable, If one of these people did come across your connection, they would probably not even try, but if they did, there is a 99.9% chance at failure in their part



Avast is a very trustworthy anti-virus program, that has great updates, and spybot is ok, but with the overall combination, no viruses, or hackers should be worries of yours

No comments:

Post a Comment